So, I recently subscribed to a new book subscription box that I am very excited about. This box is BookCase.Club. It is a monthly subscription box for $9.99/month plus shipping, and each case will contain a selection of handpicked books based on your preferences,and also an extra bookish treat! Each case will contain two books.
For your subscription, you can choose from a list of categories which are:
- Blind Date Case: Paranormal Romance
- Strange Worlds Case: Sci-Fi/Fantasy
- Teenage Dreams Case: Young Adult
- Thrill Seeker Case: Mystery/Thriller
- Read to Me Case: Children’s Picture Books
- Booking for Love Case: Romance
For my case, I chose Teenage Dreams! So, below I will show what I got. I did purchase this subscriptions myself, and all opinions are mine. So, let’s dig in!
This is what it looks like when opened. Neatly packaged!
If you’re seeing what I’m seeing, I see a HAND-WRITTEN LETTER! What?! That never happens, and I love it! It is so nice to see hand-written letters (:
Anywayyy on to the goodies!
Okay, so here are the books I received! I received:
- “The Shade of the Moon” by Susan Beth Pfeffer: Hardcover.
- This is actually the conclusion to the Last Survivors series, which I have not read. So, I will be purchasing the previous three books soon!
- I don’t want to post the summary on the inside cover because it could contain spoilers.. (I did not read it myself.)
- Summary: The first book of the series, “Life As We Knew It” is about a girl named Miranda and her family who have to prepare for the future after a meteor knocks the moon closer to the earth, causing worldwide tsunamis that wipe out the coasts, earthquakes that rock the continents, and volcanic ash that blocks out the sun. Miranda, her two brothers, and her mother retreat to a safe haven where they subsist on stockpiled food and limited water in the warmth of a wood-burning stove. Shiver!
- Thoughts: I am excited to read this series. It seems really interesting!
- Value: $17.99
- “Roomies” by Sara Zarr and Tara Altebrando: Hardcover
- Summary: It’s time to meet your new roomie. When East Coast native Elizabeth receives her freshman-year roommate assignment, she shoots off an e-mail to coordinate the basics: television, microwave, mini-fridge. That first note to San Franciscan Lauren sparks a series of e-mails that alters the landscape of each girl’s summer — and raises questions about how two girls who are so different will ever share a dorm room. As the countdown to college begins, life at home becomes increasingly complex. With family relationships and childhood friendships strained by change, it suddenly seems that the only people Elizabeth and Lauren can rely on are the complicated new boys in their lives…and each other. Even though they’ve never met.
- Thoughts: I am excited about this one. It seems like a light, fun contemporary! It will be a good break book from a series at some point! I’m looking forward to reading it!
- Value: $18.00
- The last thing I received in my box was this “Do It Now! Daily Action Plan for Guaranteed Success” : Paperback
- Thoughts: I loveeee any kind of planner, so this is nice. Inside, it has sections for to-do lists, follow-up lists, contacts, and notes on each page. Each page also has a “Word of the Day” and “Quote of the Day”. Both are inspirational/motivational quotes and words to get you through your day! I will definitely be putting this to use.
- Value: $7.95
Total Value for this Case: $43.94!!!
What a value! For $9.99 plus $5 shipping, you can’t beat that! Two books guys! Awesome stuff. (:
If you want to subscribe, you can do that here: http://www.bookcase.club! Do ittttt, totally worth it. And I mean, come on. Two books, plus a fun extra for $15, give or take. Great deal!
I am thoroughly satisfied with this case, and will definitely continue my subscription. Cannot wait for the October box!
Comment with any suggestions or books you would like to see me read and talk about! Thanks! (: