Hello friends! I hope your 2018 is off to a great start! I came across this survey on Perpetual Page Turner’s blog, and I thought it would be a great first Tag Tuesday post of the year! It’s a long one, so let’s get into it!
Number of Books I Read: 61
Number of Re-reads: 5 (I include re-reads in my total number read.)
Genre I Read the Most From: I actually think it was contemporary this year!
1. Best Book You Read in 2017?
I have to say that the best book I read this year was The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli. So good.
2. Book You Were Excited About and Thought You Were Going to Love More and Didn’t?
Easily, The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern.
3. Most Surprising (in a good or bad way) Book You Read?
Heartless by Marissa Meyer. In a good way. I’m not an Alice in Wonderland fan, but this surprised me so much and I loved it!
4. Book You “Pushed” the Most People to Read (and they did)?
I don’t really “push” people to read, really. But I recommended The Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee to my roommate, and she really liked it!
5. Best Series You Started in 2017? Best Sequel in 2017? Best Series Ender of 2017?
I started and finished the To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before series by Janny Han, and loved it!
Best sequel obviously has to be A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas.
Best Series Ender of 2017 has to be The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater.
6. Favorite New Author You Discovered in 2017?
Francesca Zappia! I read Eliza and Her Monsters by her and immediately went to buy her other book, which I hope to get to soon!
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
I don’t know if it is a specific genre, maybe graphic novel? But I picked up Chopsticks by Jessica Anthony, and it was really good. It was in such an interesting format that I had never read before. It was all pictures, with a few links to YouTube videos, and it was just really good!
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Again, I have to say A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas.
9. Book You Read In 2017 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
I think I will probably re-read Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli. The movie comes out soon, and also the spin off Leah on the Offbeat comes out soon, so I will most likely re-read Simon!
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2017?
I think my favorite cover was Words in Deep Blue by Cath Crowley.
11. Most memorable character of 2017?
Molly Peskin-Suso from The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli.
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2017?
Hm. Even though I didn’t particularly care for the book, I will say that An Enchantment of Ravens by Margaret Rogerson had really beautiful writing!
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2017?
For me, Wonder by R. J. Palacio. Just so good.
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2017 to finally read?
The entire Raven Cycle series by Maggie Stiefvater.
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2017?
“There are good days and bad days for me – even now. Don’t let the hard days win.”
― Sarah J. Maas, A Court of Mist and Fury
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2017?
Longest is A Court of Wings and Ruin by SJM, which was 705 pages.
Shortest was Assassin Marked by Michael C. Sahd, which was 27 pages.
17. Book That Shocked You The Most?
I’m going to say Warcross by Marie Lu! Gosh it was such a good book!! I cannot wait for the sequel in 2018!
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Dimple Shah and Rishi Patel from When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon!
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year?
Honestly, the relationship between Blue and the boys in The Raven Cycle series by Maggie Stiefvater!
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2017 From An Author You’ve Read Previously?
By Your Side by Kasie West!
21. Best Book You Read In 2017 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure?
Um.. I really don’t have an answer for this.
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2017?
Also, don’t really have an answer.. none of my for real crushes are *new*.
23. Best 2017 debut you read?
One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus! Super good read!
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
For this, I’m going to have to go with Warcross by Marie Lu again. This book was just so unique, and I thoroughly enjoyed it!
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
Definitely Scrappy Little Nobody by Anna Kendrick. I LOVE her so much, and this book was just so funny and so great. Loved it!
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2017?
I really hate to keep saying the same thing, but for this, again I have to go with A Court of Wings and Ruin by SJM!
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
Absolutely Words on Bathroom Walls by Julia Walton. This was so so good, and I have no idea why people aren’t talking about it!
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
So, since I’ve basically said ACOWAR two questions above, I’ll go with a different book from the same series, since I did re-read it! I’ll say A Court of Mist and Fury by SJM!
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2017?
I’m going to go with The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich. It was made up of so many different mixed medias, and I really enjoyed it!
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
I don’t really have a book that made me mad this year, haha.
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2017?
Alex from coffeeloving bookaholic. I’ve really enjoyed her blog this year!
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2017?
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
I don’t really do discussion posts! I could maybe start though? Who knows.
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2017?
Honestly, when I received my first request to review a book from an author. (:
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
Time. Having enough time.
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
By views: Most Anticipated Fall 2017 Book Releases.
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
I mean, all of them I suppose!
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
I discovered Book Depository, and that was great!
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I completed my Goodreads reading challenge! I completed some of my reading goals, but not all of them! I need to set a 2018 goals list. 2017 was a pretty good year. (:
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2017 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2018?
Honestly, I really want to completely catch up on ALL Rick Riordan books. And by catch up, I mean start. I have never read Percy Jackson, so that is a priority for me this year.
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2018 (non-debut)?
A Court of Frost and Starlight by SJM!!
3. 2018 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
Everless by Sara Holland!
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2018?
The Towering Sky by Katharine McGee!!
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2018?
Reading, I’d like to read a little more, or try to. I feel that I read a decent amount, but I’d really like to read more and get through my TBR!
Blogging, I just hope to continue to gain followers and interact with them. I really love my blog, and I just hope for it to grow in 2018.
6. A 2018 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone (if applicable):
Okay, there it is! Whew, that was a lot. Hahaha! Please feel free to do this, it was fun!
Link yours below if you do, I’d love to check it out!
Thanks for reading! (: