1. Adaptation Snob: Do you always read the book before you see the movie?
I would say about 85% of the time, yes. There are times when I don’t really think I’m interested in reading the book, but want to watch the movie, so I do that. But, most of the time, yes I prefer to read the book first.
2. Format Snob: You can only choose 1 format in which to read books for the rest of your life. Which one do you choose: physical books, ebooks, or audiobooks?
Physical books, for sure. I very rarely read ebooks, unless they’re review copies. I do listen to audiobooks occasionally, when they’re recommended to me as better than reading the physical copy, or when I’m in my car driving long trips. But I definitely prefer a physical copy over anything else.
3. Ship Snob: Would you date or marry a non-reader?
Yeah. People can be changed 😉 hahaha. No, but seriously, my boyfriend enjoys reading occasionally, but even if he didn’t, that would be okay with me. It is okay to have differences (:
4. Genre Snob: You have to ditch one genre – never to be read again for the rest of your life. Which genre do you choose?
This is kind of easy for me: historical fiction. I hardly ever read it, mostly because history has always been my least favorite subject. There are a few time periods that really interest me, but if I had to choose a genre to never read again, I’d go with historical fiction.
5. Uber Genre Snob: You can only choose to read from one genre for the rest of your life. Which genre do you choose?
Hmm.. this is hard because I like a lot of genres. I guess if I had to choose, it would be between mystery/thriller, contemporary, and YA fantasy. If I have to choose one, I would probably go with YA fantasy, even though I haven’t read much of that genre this year. I feel like with fantasy, there’s different worlds and different themes, so at least there would be differences in all the books and worlds. YA fantasy: final answer.
6. Community Snob: Which genre do you think receives the most snobbery from the bookish community?
Um, I would probably say chicklit romance or smutty novels. I guess the themes are usually pretty predictable and generally the same. I enjoy them, but I see why some don’t.
7. Snobbery Recipient: Have you ever been snubbed for something that you have been reading or for reading in general?
I don’t think I’ve ever been snubbed for a specific book I was reading, but I’ve definitely been snubbed for being a reader. I know most readers feel the same way. I’ve heard “Is that all you do?” “Do you ever stop reading?” etc. all the time. Definitely growing up too, I was “nerdy” for reading, but here I am, 25 years later, still reading, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Not bothered, hahaha.
Okay, there’s the tag! I don’t feel like I’m thaaaat much of a book snob. (:
Thanks for reading! (: